Saturday, August 20, 2011

I've moved (and renamed) my blog to Tumblr.

What's with the change?

Like a new suit, hair cut or fresh coat of paint, a new blog theme and location is just the kind of mix-up that can reinvigorate and bring clarity to why I blog in the first place: to give you a small peeks into the world as I see it.

What's with the new name?

"Theory & Arbitrage" seems to capture a lot of my affect here on the interwebs: I theorize (passionately, analytically and sometimes critically) about how think the world works and my 2 cents about others ways I think it could work. Arbitrage lends itself (roughly) from the early 20th century economic theory about the role of the entrepreneur in the economy, largely someone who spots price differences in the market and acts on them to make a profit. This notion is the foundation for a major pillar in modern entrepreneurship theory: Entrepreneurial Alertness. It's academic speak for spotting opportunities to make money (aka "hustle"). Arbitrage nowadays is associated with the economically destructive nature of options trading on Wall Street. Nonetheless, the ironic and somewhat two-sided nature arbitrage both harks to Joseph Schumpeter's notion of Creative Destruction has applicability in other areas outside of entrepreneurship and economics and it's that dynamic I hope to capture on the new blog.

I hope you accept my invitation to share in the discovery and conversation at my new blogging home:

No comments: